VisualD Can now execute class/struct methods __debugOverview, __debugExpaanded, __debugTextView to customize display in the debugger

FunkyD MrFunky at YourDaddy.com
Sun Jul 5 20:25:23 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 5 July 2020 at 18:58:50 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

> On 05/07/2020 14:10, FunkyD wrote:
>> Can now execute class/struct methods __debugOverview,
>> __debugExpaanded,
>> __debugTextView
>> to customize display in the debugger
>>
>> ? How does one use these I can't find anything else about
>> them, not in the source code.
>>

> I have added some documentation here:
> https://rainers.github.io/visuald/visuald/Debugging.html#customization

I've tried that. I switched the debuggers in the debug options
and general options to use mago.

The only thing I have gotten was a magnifier glass(the
visualizer).

I tried going to a watch window and add but visualD and studio
crashed.

struct test
{
	int x;
	auto __debugOverview()
	{
		return "asdfsda";
	}
	auto __debugExpanded()
	{
		struct x
		{ int x, y;
		}
		return x(3,3);
	}

	auto __debugTextView()
	{
		return "asdfsda";
	}

	auto __debugStringView()
	{
		return "{x:asdfsda}";

void main()
{

	test t;

         return;
}

Also, in the general options it has
debug[Overview|Expanded|Visualizer]. The help seems inconsistent
with the various _debug functions.

There seems to be a bug somewhere.

I started a different project and copied that code and it works!
I originally had it in another project. The new project has
Visual Studio x86 mixed mode set for the debugger! I thought I
read that it must be mago.

So it seems to work but there seems to be a bug that causes a
crash and does not properly handle.

Ok, I changed the old project back from mago to VSx86MM and it
works. So this seems to be an issue with mago.

mago debugger

     can now evaluate class/struct methods/fields __debugOverview,
__debugExpanded, __debugTextView to customize display in the
debugger
     experimental: can now display ranges similar to arrays
     some performance improvements by caching some data while the
debuggee is stopped

I assumed mago debugger meant for mago debugger. In any case, the
crash is not good(happens when I go from locals to watch).

Thanks