Dexed debugger UI now supports inspection of the variables based on mouse motion

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Tue Oct 13 12:48:00 UTC 2020

On Monday, 12 October 2020 at 06:36:13 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> On Tuesday, 22 September 2020 at 23:39:39 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>> On Sunday, 20 September 2020 at 17:13:35 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
>>> https://forum.dlang.org/post/skqjdvgmwpqdqbpxsbfs@forum.dlang.org

>>> Nice work!
>>
>> Thanks. Since the announce I've added formatting [1] and
>> improved expression extraction.
>>
>> [1] https://imgur.com/a/91sZlTi
>
> Looks awesome. Hope to get it (debugging) working on Windows 🍀

It's possible to test on windows [1] now. Feedback would be
appreciated as I dont have a Windows box. I dont really expect
feeback on the widget *itself* as if it works, the experience
should be the same as on Linux, i.e same flaws.

To be honest nowadays I just use the popup to detect what is null
or not, e.g on access violation.

Note that automatic break on exception requires to debug in two
steps [2] because the first time the active frame is too deep
(it's the one of _d_throw_dwarf (dmd) or _d_throw_exception
(ldc)) so you need to inspect the full back trace, but a BP on
source loc pointed by item #2 or #3 and relauch again.

[1]
https://gitlab.com/basile.b/dexed/-/merge_requests/15#note_428820947
[2] https://gitlab.com/basile.b/dexed/-/issues/52