Breakpoint for EXE to DLL debugging in VisualD (all D)

frame frame86 at live.com
Thu May 6 14:21:34 UTC 2021

Some code of my framework is reused in my DLL too because it has
it's own logic as a plugin system.

I want to seamlessly debug from EXE to DLL inspection by running
the main application.

If I set a breakpoint for a method in the VS debugger it
generates breakpoints for all method overloads for the main EXE
and also sometimes for the DLL too - but in most cases only for
the EXE.

The breakpoint will be hit if the function name matches the
process, so it seems.

eg.:
```main.exe!mylib.func.get!bool.get(...)```
```some.dll!mylib.func.get!bool.get(...)```

I tried to manually insert the breakpoint as modified function
name, but that doesn't work.
I tried to export the breakpoint xml data and edit it, but I am
afraid I also need the correct function address to get this
working.

The only way it works so far is when the debugger catches an
error in loaded DLL and opens the right editor tab for it. If I
set a breakpoint then it also generates breakpoints for functions
in the DLL too.

Is there are way to select the loaded DLL when setting a
breakpoint I don't know?