Breakpoint for EXE to DLL debugging in VisualD (all D)

frame frame86 at live.com
Sun May 9 21:06:13 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 9 May 2021 at 11:39:27 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

> Opening the same file twice is probably hinting at the problem:
> the source file references in the debug information are
> different, and VS thinks they are referring to different files.
> This probably also affects break point location resolution.

> What compiler are you using? What command line options? Looking
> at a hex listing of binary object files might reveal if source
> file names are represented differently.

Hmm, that may be the problem indeed. I do not compile the DLLs
via VS (creating/switching different configurations, excluding
files, etc is so cumbersome). There is no .obj file anymore, only
.pdb which contains relative paths it seems, however absolute
path for source files are the same and also compiler arguments
(dmd).

Well, I need to try to create a clean project structure and
compile all with VS, maybe that works better.