-checkaction=C - Debugger out of sync?

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Thu Jan 27 18:03:40 UTC 2022

On 27/01/2022 18:32, frame wrote:
> @Rainer Schuetze
> I quote this (you have sent me somehow a private email)

Sorry, I still screw this up too often since the default/button order
has changed in Thunderbird.

>> If your invariant is called from the GC during finalization, it might
>> have to do with the debugger executing code to show structs or ranges.
>> Are you using the visualizer methods __debugOverView, __debugExpanded,
>> etc.? Are ranges displayed in your Auto/Local/Watch windows?
>
> No, I don't.
>
>> You can try to disable implicit code execution by the debugger in
>> Tools->Options->Debugging->Mago by unchecking options "Call
>> struct/class..." and "Call range methods".
>
> Yes, the option `Call range methods` causes the problem! Is that still
> experimental in VisualD 1.2.0? Please do not enable it by default then.

It's a bit dangerous because executing code automatically can mutate
your program state.

The default has been changed quite some time ago
(https://github.com/rainers/mago/commit/8ce1bb37818ea38e88ec8ecf2439383b592fca46),
so you probably picked up the enabled state as an early adopter.