Metacode mechanics

Georg Wrede georg.wrede at nospam.org
Mon Feb 27 16:19:12 PST 2006

Craig Black wrote:
> Keeping all this at an academic level, what do you have in mind for the
> syntax of this meta-language?

Dunno, if it was in the OP, but my intention is to avoid taking up
specifics about the grammar, for as long as ever possible!

The reasoning being: most of us (who have to do with computers and/or
programming) tend to (unconsciously) adhere to the Nike attitude. That
being: "Just do it!"

Ever been a group leader at a software developer? Any time a boss is
half-way outlining a problem, five of the Cool Guys run to their
keyboards and start banging away.

If there ever was _one_ place where that slogan didn't fit, it's
software development.

---

So, our _number_one_ priority is to _not_ even remotely get entangled
with syntax, semantics, practices, or theory. First we need to become
familiar with the problem domain. Right? !!