DWT Build problems with DMD 0.153

Derek Parnell derek at psych.ward
Tue Apr 18 16:28:50 PDT 2006

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 22:46:37 +0100, DBloke wrote:

> Thanks,
> Still got a strange problem though,
> Build seems to be looking in C:\dmd\bin\lib as I am getting
> C:\dmd\bin\lib is not recognised as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file
>
> my sc.ini file looks like this
>
> [Version]
> version=7.51 Build 020
>
> [Environment]
> LIB="%@P%\..\lib;\dmd\dm\lib"
> DFLAGS="-I%@P%\..\src\phobos;C:\dmd\dwt\import"
> LINKCMD=%@P%\dmd\dm\bin\link.exe
>
> I have dm in dmd dir
>
> I can do a dmd hello.d and all fine, am I missing something else
>
> Path environment variable is set at C:\dmd\bin
>
> i can type dmd or link on command line and it is fine

If you are build a library, Build uses DigitalMars' lib.exe in Windows
environments. This is normally found in the dm\bin (not dmd\bin) folder
which is expected to be on your PATH. I notice you have the LINKCMD in the
sc.ini file to show where the linker is, well you might have to do
something similar for the librarian. If you place in the build.cfg file
(Build's configuration file) the line ...

LINKCMD=C:\dmd\dm\bin\lib.exe

Build can find your librarian application then.

--
Derek
(skype: derek.j.parnell)