Whither DWT?

DBloke DBloke at NoSpam.org
Wed Apr 19 04:44:53 PDT 2006

> Another possibility is basing a framework on some portable ground, like
> for instance SDL or OpenGL. But it wouldn't feel very "native", then ?
>
> --anders

This is something that would need to be agreed, do we want Native or X
Platform?

Either choice would require significant effort IMHO, and require that
all different platforms be synced to maintain consistency if D goes the
X Platform route.

D is X Platform so perhaps D's GUI should be also?

SDL and OpenGL could be a useful starting platform, and D's GUI
Framework could leverage a lot of low level code from the two platforms,
and a bonus that it is written in C so will be easier to interface to in
theory and X Platform.