Whither DWT?

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed Apr 19 09:37:37 PDT 2006

clayasaurus wrote:

> #1) SDL can not support multiple windows
>
> #2) Every time you resize an SDL window the OpenGL context is destroyed
> on Windows (but not on linux), which means that for each window resize
> you need to reload opengl and all its textures.

Ouch, to both of them!

Maybe it's just suitable for fullscreen game-like interfaces then.
Which, accidently, was where I was using it (without problems) :-)

Anyway, it would still mean lots of work to implement say a "tree
control" or an "open file dialog" etc. etc. with such a UI system ?

And that's not even going into things like Grids or HTML panes.
Or all the other widgets that you need when doing applications...

And then there is the lack of editors and documentation, and so on.

--anders