Make, Build, DMD front-end

kris foo at bar.com
Mon Aug 7 15:59:19 PDT 2006

Derek Parnell wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 22:24:57 +0200, Dejan Lekic wrote:
>

>>I share this opinion. Everyone has GNU Make.
>

> I don't.

I don't either.

However, I'm of the opinion that the DMD front-end should incorporate a
little of Derek's Build goodness: specifically the facility to
incorporate imported modules as part of the codegen/link step.

DMD has always opened and parsed all import modules, but right now it
appears to discard them before codegen. Seems to me that should change
(via a switch, or something); assuming Derek were given some credit for it