window menu drawing different in D and in VC++/MinGW

Serg Kovrov kovrov at no.spam
Tue Aug 22 04:43:36 PDT 2006

Derek Parnell wrote:
> I believe this is a Windows bug. It happens when your .exe is generated
> without specifying a modern Windows version. Ensure your .def file for the
> project has the two lines ...
>
> EXETYPE NT
> SUBSYSTEM WINDOWS,5.0

Thank you, Derek.

This is solve the problem. Windows version could be 4.0. It can be also
used as linker switch /SU:windows:5.0 (or 4.0)

There is a note on SUBSYSTEM directive
(http://digitalmars.com/ctg/ctgDefFiles.html#subsystem), said "Use 4.0
when developing Windows XP applications." But I never thought it could
be related to this issue. Actually I still have no idea what this
directive/switch do.

--
serg.