using gtk-server with Debian-etch: Success report

Charles D Hixson charleshixsn at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 9 14:59:22 PDT 2006

This is a successful rudimentary use of gtk-server with
Debian Etch & D (DMD).
There are two components, a bash script (testgtkserv.sh) and
the d program (testgtkserv.d).

Also, of course, one needs to install gtk-server
http://www.gtk-server.org/index.html

I don't really understand all of this, as I fumbled my way
into a working program based on the python script that they
showed, but this part works on my system.  (There are some
error messages that I don't understand, but many distributed
programs seem to have similar error messages...so perhaps
they aren't serious.)