FLTK native in 'D'. Would that be useful?

matthiasm matthiasm_member at pathlink.com
Fri Jul 21 12:17:16 PDT 2006

Hi,

I am one of the co-authors of FLTK. I like 'D' and as a test I have manually
translated parts of FLTK into
native 'D' code. This is obvioulsy very different from just writing a wrapper,
more involved, but also
more rewarding.

Before I jump into manually porting a few hundred thousand lines of code, I
would really like to know
first if the 'D' community is interested in such a thing at all and if I can get
sufficient support and a
reasonable number of users.

What do you folks think?

Matthias

FLTK is a Fast and Light user interface Tool Kit. It sets directly onto the low
lever interfaces of the three
main supported platforms (MSWindows:WIN32, Unix including Linux: X11, Mac OS X:
Carbon/Quartz).
FLTK is in use by several thousand people all over the world. It comes with a
visual user interface
designer that spews out readable C++ (and after the coversion 'D').

Come check it out at http://www.fltk.org/