FLTK native in 'D'. Would that be useful?

MatthiasM dm at matthiasm.com
Thu Jul 27 12:57:56 PDT 2006

John Reimer wrote:

> I think one improvement would be to drop all Fl_* prefixes on class
> names like FLTK 2.0 does.  I looked and 2.0 and found it world's better
> looking than the older 1.1.
>
> Is that possible?

Yes, that would be possible. I do agree on the looks. My original idea
was to do the port as compatible as possible, so that existing FLTK apps
can be easily ported, which is why I left the original class names alone.

I am still not a hundred percent familiar with the "module" keyword full
names. My first choice would be to map class names like this: (best of
both worlds)

   Fl_Window  ->  fl.Window (or just Window, if no name conflict)
   Fl_Group   ->  fl.Group
   fl_draw()  ->  fl.draw()

How would I implement this, assuming the fltk path would be for example:

   gui/fl/window.d

and using

   import gui.fl.window;