FLTK native in 'D'. Would that be useful?

Thu Jul 27 13:27:01 PDT 2006

MatthiasM wrote:
> Dave wrote:
>> I just happened to notice that there are no private class members in
>> window.d (for example) and looking at the original window.h there
>> probably should be.
>
> Ouch, I did not know that. Evil little details. Yes, we assume that the
> first members without a modifier are private.
>
> I did find two or three "friend" declarations in the source. Is there
> some equivalent in "D" or a good way to replace it?

'private' in D means module-private[1], so just putting those classes in
the same (implementation) module should be enough.
If you want to allow users to import them separately as if they were in
different modules, just create 'forwarding' modules that either
selectively publicly import those classes from the implementation module
(requires v0.163) or privately import the implementation module and then
alias a few symbols (for v0.162 and before, for v0.163 selective import
should be preferred).

[1] I don't like it, but that's the way it is.