harmonia & build

Hasan Aljudy hasan.aljudy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 21:34:21 PST 2006

The supplied build.bat works fine.
but I don't want to have to bother with make files! I've never used make
files with C++, never with D, and I don't intend to use them in the
future, specially not with D!

Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
<snip>
> I tried to use boxter from phobos but D does not like templates to be
> in library. Did something change in this area?

I have no idea what's happening with templates nor with std.boxer! I
remember hearing a couple of times that boxer requires rebuilding phobos
with -release or something like that, but I really have no clue.

<snip>
>>Does anyone know what does this kind of error messege indicates?
>>
>>C:\dmd\bin\..\lib\phobos.lib(windows)  Offset 090E3H Record Type 0091
>> Error 1: Previous Definition Different : _MAILSLOT_NO_MESSAGE
>>

> I suspect that this means that windows.d defintions were included twice.
> Harmonia has its own set of Win API deifinitions.

I thought about that, but didn't really know what I should do.
Windows definition are just definitions, I think the implementation is
not supposed to be in phobos, but rather in some lib/dll in the
WINDOWS\system32 folder (or something like that).

I just discovered ..
MAILSLOT_NO_MESSAGE is a windows constant!! everything else in this
error list is a windows constant too!

I think I might just need a way to prevent build from using the windows
definitions from phobos, or something like that.