State of affairs

pragma ericanderton at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 2 16:21:41 PDT 2006

Anders F Björklund wrote:
> Pragma wrote:
>
>> ... WxD has a restrictive license  ...
>
> Out of curiousity, what in the wxWidgets license
> is stopping you from using wxD in your project ?
>
> --anders

Anders, thanks for the reality check.  My sincerest apologies if that
looked at all like FUD - I've used WxWindows before, so I'm actually
quite happy that you took the time to bring it over to D.

I looked into wxWindows a very long time ago, and was convinced that it
was strictly LGPL licensed.  I now understand that it has an exception
that makes the license non-viral enough for static linking to a
proprietary or even a project under a completely different license*.
The verbiage on the wxd site clears this up considerably (thanks).

That is, unless I'm completely mistaken?  :)

(* IMO, this could be clearer in the license text with some qualifying
statements in the "WxWindows License", but I have been known to be
rather dense when it comes to legalese.)