next version of DWT?

torhu fake at address.dude
Fri Apr 27 10:24:42 PDT 2007

Frank Benoit wrote:
> There is this new port of SWT existing in the tioport project.
> Would it be appreciated to make it the next version of DWT?

Do you mean to actually call it DWT, and do s/SWT/DWT/g on the source?
I don't see what would be gained by doing that.  DWT and Tioport's SWT
are not compatible, and I think it would be good to use different names
for them too.  I don't see why it can't be called SWT even if it's
ported to D.  The docs use SWT anyway.

To name some differences:  DWT uses char[] instead of String, supports
delegates in some places, and it uses Phobos instead of Tango.  It also
uses the 'import dwt.all;' idiom, which tioport doesn't.  I'm not saying
that I want an swt.all module, by all means, and my own DWT project is
already ported to tioport SWT.

Since DWT seems to be a dead project, I think that it's okay for SWT to
use this newsgroup.  Or even better, if Walter would create a d.D.gui
newsgroup. :)