User/app preferences api?

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Thu Apr 10 01:49:46 PDT 2008

Is there some api in DWT for user preferences or persistent app
settings?  Like something that would use the Windows registry under
win32 and ~/.something files on Linux?

I was using dfl.registry for this previously.

And if not in DWT, maybe someone can recommend a small lib that would
take care of this?  I just want to avoid re-inventing the wheel of
trying to figure out the right platform-specific place to store such
stuff and deciding on storage formats etc.  I don't care if it doesn't
use the Registry on windows, but on Windows it should figure out that
files go into %HOME% if it is set and exists and otherwise into
c:\documents and settings\username, etc.

--bb