First working JFace example

Frank Benoit keinfarbton at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 11 08:43:51 PDT 2008

Bill Baxter schrieb:
> Bill Baxter wrote:
>> Frank Benoit wrote:
>
>> I got through listings 1-3 just fine, but listing 4 which uses a
>> TreeViewer seems to be crapping out over ResourceBundle not being
>> quite implemented.  (dwt.dwthelpers.ResourceBundle.getBundle(char[]
>> filename) just creates an empty bundle).
>> The problems seem to start in in dwtx/jface/resource/JFaceResources.d.
>
> Sorry that should be listing 4&5 not just 4.
>
> DWT versions attached in case you have a chance to look into it.
>
> --bb

Meanwhile i changed many stuff in jface.
Nevertheless, works now, with doing this:

class FileTreeContentProvider : ITreeContentProvider
{
     Object[] getChildren(Object element)
     {
         try{
             Object[] kids;
             foreach( item; cast(FilePath) elements ){
                  kids ~= FilePath.from(item);
             }
             return kids;
         }
         catch( Exception e ){
             return null;

See also the jface/FileTreeViewer example.
A problem is, the LabelProvider gets completely ignored. This is why the
icons and name do not show up properly.