Curse you, DWT Cursors!

Frank Benoit keinfarbton at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 13 12:39:31 PDT 2008

Bill Baxter schrieb:
> As far as I can tell SWT (and therefore DWT) Cursors do not support
> alpha masks (only 1-bit masks).  They also don't have any official way
> to do an end run around the API and use native calls if desired.
>
> Fortunately the bits of state needed to work around it are public (the
> default constructor and access to the .handle property), though
> unintentionally so, it seems.
>
> --bb

The JavaDoc of Cursor.handle:
the handle to the OS cursor resource (Warning: This field is platform
dependent)
IMPORTANT: This field is not part of the SWT public API.

http://help.eclipse.org/help33/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/api/org/eclipse/swt/graphics/Cursor.html#handle

There are several fields/methods that are accessible but not part of the
public SWT API. This is, because they need to access those from other
SWT packages. Not nice, but at least in the JavaDoc its documented.