dsss.conf setup for samples

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Mon Apr 14 00:33:22 PDT 2008

I would like to recommend moving to a more granular approach to
dsss.conf files for the samples.

In other words smaller dsss.conf files in subdirectories rather than
having all samples in one huge file at the top.

Instead the huge file at the top should contain just subdir projects.

For example

---------
[dwtexamples]
type=subdir

[dwtsnippets]
type=subdir

[user]
type=subdir

version(DwtAddons) {
   [jface]
   type=subdir
}
---------

then in the jface directory you don't need the version(DwtAddons)
anymore.  The fact that you're in that dir trying to build things means
you want them.

-----jface/dsss.conf------
[ActionAndStatusbar.d]
[FileTreeViewer.d]
[ShowPrefs.d]
[ShowFieldPrefs.d]
[Librarian.d]

[*]
buildflags += -J../res -I../../dwt-addons -J../../dwt-addons/res
version(Windows){
     # if no console window is wanted/needed use 'windows' instead of
'console'
     #buildflags+= -L/SUBSYSTEM:windows:5
     buildflags+= -L/SUBSYSTEM:console:5
     buildflags+= -L/rc:dwt
}

If you think you could go for this I'll send an hg bundle that makes the
change.

--bb