Location of MessageBox

Frank Benoit keinfarbton at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 3 18:18:53 PDT 2008

Plumm schrieb:
> Hi :
>
>    The location of the MessageBox seems to appear in the middle of the screen, is there any setting to make it right near the cursor?
>
>    Thanks.

I don't know of such an option in MessageBox.

In JFace you can use the dwtx.jface.dialogs.MessageDialog. This class is
made for easy extensibility.
I haven't tried, but i think you can override the configureShell()
methods and set the position. From Display you can get the
Display.getCurrent().getCursorLocation()

Another good resource to ask this question is probably the SWT newsgroup
on the eclipse.org server. (Needs registration)
http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/thread.php?group=eclipse.platform.swt