styledtext: gibberish codes

Frank Benoit keinfarbton at
Fri Aug 22 16:44:52 PDT 2008

Bill Baxter schrieb:
> You have to go to the Regional & Language Options control panel.
> Click "languages" tab.  and click "Details..."
> There you can select "Add..." button that's inside the "Installed services" box.
> That should pop up an "Add Input Lanuguage" dialog.
> From there select Japanese or Chinese or Korean, and check the box
> that says KeyboardLayout/IME.
> .... next step is to figure out how to actually use the IME.  :-)
> The difference between pasting and using an IME is that when you use
> an IME, Windows sends a bunch of different messages to the text
> control that have to do with the status of the input.
> --bb

Ok, i did install Chinese simplified IME 3.0
Now when i open notepad i can type and get characters. But i don't know
when a codepoint is completed. Sometime 2 characters are produced at the
same time.

Can someone give some examples of characters and the exact keyboard
sequence that is needed and the resulting unicode number?

for example,

More information about the Digitalmars-d-dwt mailing list