Another dwt-win / dmd / dsss build problem

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Wed Feb 13 23:35:59 PST 2008

Bill Baxter wrote:
> John Reimer wrote:
>> Bill Baxter wrote:

>>> I think I'm just going to give up on dwt-win for the time being, and
>>> come back in a month or so hoping more of the kinks will have been
>>> worked out by then.
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help.
>>>
>>> --bb
>>

>> Fair enough.
>
> Aw crap.  I figured it out.  Damn DSSS.
> I was adding a library path like:
>    buildflags +=-S../../../dwt-win/lib
>
> DSSS+dmd chokes on forward slashes in library paths.  I think I knew
> this, but had forgotten.  There was probably a tell-tale error about
> that that would have clued me in but I got so many other errors that the
> first error line was out of my history buffer.
>
> --bb

...And other linker errors came from not having this in dsss.conf
    buildflags += -version=CONTROL_EXAMPLE_MAIN

For the record, my working dsss.conf for dwt-win build of the
controlexample is:

-------
[ControlExample.d]
noinstall
buildflags += -version=CONTROL_EXAMPLE_MAIN
debugflags +=-g -debug
buildflags +=-J.
buildflags +=-I../..
version(Windows) {
buildflags +=-S..\..\..\dwt-win\lib
buildflags +=-L/SUBSYSTEM:windows:5
}
-------

Most of this pain of mine would have been avoided if there were working
dsss.conf files included with the dwt-samples project.

Anyway, any idea why those images on buttons and such don't show up in
the controlexample?

--bb