Another dwt-win / dmd / dsss build problem

Bjoern nanali at nospam-wanadoo.fr
Thu Feb 14 08:26:12 PST 2008

Bill Baxter schrieb:
> Bjoern wrote:
>> Bill Baxter schrieb:

>>> Yup I am.  I'm not sure what you are saying you modified your sc.ini
>>> from though.  Are you refering to the -L+tango-user-dmd.lib part?
>>>
>>> This seems like an issue that needs attention to me.
>>>
>> Well in case that you install a naked Tango + dmd 1.025
>> your sc.ini DFALGS stuff is a s follows :
>>
>> DFLAGS="-I%@P%\..\import" -version=Tango
>> -defaultlib=tango-base-dmd.lib -debuglib=tango-base-dmd.lib
>> -L+tango-user-dmd.lib
>>
>> As you can see, I just added :
>> ;%@P%\..\import\dwt-win"
>
> Ok.  Well that makes sense you'd need that if you've got libs that need
> to be linked with in your import\dwt-win directory.  There should be
> some flag to add that during compilation too.  With dsss you can add
> extra lib dirs using "-S..\import\dwt-win".
>
>> the -L flag seems to be not nessesary in case that you use Tango +
>> Tangobos. (I mean the optional ready-to-use installation, you can
>> download from Tango)
>> just compare it.
>>
>> Beside I use Tango rev 3172.
>
> Hmm.  I'm confused then because the Windows install instructions on the
> Tango page make it sound like the -L is an optional thing not included
> by default, but you can add it if you feel like it.  But you're saying
> it is the default in the pre-made Tango packages?

Yes, at least for Tango Frank + dmd as well as Tango snapshot plus dmd 1.025

The -L flag seems to have some side effects. For example creating pure
Tango based DLLs is not possible. First you've to remove this flag.
According to Sean K :
I don't know what we need the L flag for, but I am sure it had a
reason.......

> Hmm haven't heard much about OMake.  I think SCons is probably more
> widely used and actively developed, though, if you're going to go the
> route of adding D support to an existing build tool.  And someone has
> already done some work getting D support into SCons.

In France OCaml is in industry use, Airbus/ESA. France Telecom. Means
OMake is still alive. Hope I got the chance to introduce D in
Toulouse/Airbus this summer.