TODO?

Frank Benoit keinfarbton at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 3 01:37:06 PST 2008

Hi Robby,

nice to see you again. I wanted to contact you on your last questions
about SWT, but it seems my mail went to spam?

At the moment I think doing duplicated effort is not really the problem :)
But to be sure, you can make a ticket in the related *sub*-projects and
say in the text that you want to do this task. Perhaps you can inform or
talk with me per mail or in IRC #dwt. Tasks that come to my mind:

dwt-win:
dwt.widgets.DirectoryDialog
dwt.program.Program

dwt-linux:
dwt.widgets.DateTime
dwt.program.Program

dwt-samples:
PaintExample
LayoutExample
(Custom)ControlExample Set/Get Api

If you have something to contribute, please see
http://www.dsource.org/projects/dwt/wiki/Contribution

SWT 3.4 is no issue at the moment. First we want to have DWT 3.3 running
with all widgets stable and with the installation problems solved and
more examples.

We do /not/ want to get the java'ism out. Instead we explicitely want to
stay as near as possible at the java implementation. The reason is, that
later merges are far easier done. Certainly in some cases this is not
possible and in other cases we want additionally methods, that is OK.

Unittests:
Unittest are available in the SWT project. So this can be a good
starting point.

Nebula:
Porting nebula could be done in the dwt-addons project. Is the license
of nebula ok with doing this?

OSGi:
OSGi is used for plugins in Java and relies on its own class loaders.
Perhaps it can be omitted when using a fixed composition of components
at compile time.

Frank