Entice Designer 0.8.5 release - now supports DWT

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 20:50:27 PDT 2008

Chris Miller wrote:
> Entice Designer 0.8.5 now adds support for designing DWT shells and
> widgets, as well as DFL forms and controls!
>
> New in this version:
>  * Added support for designing DWT shells and widgets.
>  * Added DWT autocomplete information; must be enabled.
>  * Improved API Viewer.
>  * Slightly changed autocomplete lists.
>
> Download and more information:
>    http://www.dprogramming.com/entice.php
>
> Here is a screenshot using DWT:
>    http://www.dprogramming.com/enticedwt.gif
> Other screenshots found on the Entice page.
>
> Entice also makes a good code editor, if you're not intersted in a GUI
> builder.
>
> Note that the new DWT support does not mean DFL will be abandoned; DFL
> is actually getting many updates, and both libraries have their own pros
> and cons.
>
> There has also been a minor maintenance update to DFL, version 0.9.7.01:
>    http://www.dprogramming.com/dfl.php
> Note that the testing snapshots include these changes and more.
>
> - Chris Miller (the original)

Many thanks for this valuable contribution, Chris. I'm hoping both dfl
and dwt continue to grow more popular. :)

Incidentally, I've been testing the pre-releases of Entice leading up to
this announcement, and dwt users might be interested to know that Entice
also runs on Linux under the Wine emulator.   Also, Entice dwt output
should be buildable on both linux or windows.

I look forward to seeing future releases of Entice Designer as it
progresses towards a comprehensive IDE.

Once again, great work!

-JJR