dwt-win build error

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 09:25:13 PDT 2008

Tim Healey wrote:
> And I just solved my own problem, and here's how:
>
> The import libraries provided on the installation web page contain a
> user32.lib with the functions the linker isn't finding in it. Originally
> I only installed the libraries from that file that I didn't already
> have. However, after trying to link it with just the DMC version, just
> the dwt-win-imports version, and both together, I found that both
> versions of the library are required to complete the linking step
> without error.

!!

That's strange.  I know that I had to add -S option for the library
search path in order for these symbols to be found, but I'm surprised
that it needs both the dmc and the dwt-win-imports version together in
order to work.  The library versions provided in dwt-win-imports should
be much more up to date (and all that's necessary).  I'll test this and
see what's wrong.  It might be that the tango library expects one
library for the windows functions (tango-win32-dmd.lib) and dwt another,
in which case linking with both would indeed be necessary.

> Perhaps the installation docs could be updated to inform people that the
> libs provided there are required to supplement the existing Win32
> libraries provided with DMC?

Yes, first I'll see what the problem is exactly, then the docs can be
updated.

Thanks for the report.

-JJR