dwt type=sourcelibrary

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips at gmail.com
Sat May 3 11:25:46 PDT 2008

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 05:19:54 +0900, Bill Baxter wrote:

> Frank Benoit wrote:
>> I changed the dsss.conf files in some ways.
>>
>> dwt-win,dwt-linux,dwt-addons
>> type=sourcelibrary
>>
>> This will no more build a static library, and the source are no more
>> copied as .di file. Instead the sources are installed as .d files. On
>> application build, then everything is compiled.
>>
>> I do this in the hope that it will simplify the setup.
>
> I think that's a good idea.  At least until DWT settles down more. I was
> thinking to suggest it myself.
>
>> dwt-win install has now a call to curl to download/extract/install the
>> import libraries.
>>
>> dwt-addons installs now the content of the 'res' folder (images,..)
>> into dsss $LIB_PREFIX/res and dwt-samples has the -J$LIB_PREFIX/res
>> added.
>
> Does dwt-win install it's res too?
>
>> I hope, that in some day, one can download dsss, and do some dsss net
>> install calls to have a complete working dmd/tango/dwt environment.
>>
>> Please let me know, how it works for you.
>
> I'll let you know if I run into any snags.
>
> --bb

Bill are you getting a slowdown in compile time with this. It takes my
computer some time to compile the library, even with oneatatime off.
(actually seems longer than before). Frank is thinking of switching it
back because of this, but if I'm the only one with this problem I can
just compile it to a library myself.