terrible executable size if with dsss -full buildflags

yidabu yidabu.spam at gmail.com
Tue May 6 02:52:22 PDT 2008

On Tue, 06 May 2008 09:12:33 +0200
Frank Benoit <keinfarbton at googlemail.com> wrote:

> hm, i tested all jface examples in this scenario.
> Do you have a chance to locate the problematic place within dwtx ?
> stacktrace/debugger?

build ok if add -full to dsss buildflags, but the executable size is 14.1 MB to build a simplest JFace sample:

import
    dwt.widgets.Display,
    dwt.widgets.Shell,
    dwt.DWT,
    dwt.widgets.Control,
    dwt.widgets.Composite,
    dwt.widgets.Label,
    dwtx.jface.window.ApplicationWindow;

public class MyWindow : ApplicationWindow
{
    this()
    {
        super(null);
    }
    void run()
    {
        setBlockOnOpen(true);
        open();
        Display.getCurrent.dispose;
    }

    protected Control createContents(Composite parent)
    {
        auto label = new Label(parent, DWT.CENTER);
        label.setText("hello");
        return label;

void main(char[][] args)
{
    (new MyWindow).run;

}

due to the executable is larger if build with dsss -full, I want to build JFace application via dmd:
dmd test.d -L/SUBSYSTEM:windows:5

but cause unhandled run time exception (swt based code have not this issue):
 tango.core.Exception.IllegalElementException: Attempt to include invalid key _in Collection

how to fix this ?

--
yidabu <yidabu.spam at gmail.com>
http://www.dsource.org/projects/dwin