showWidget

Frank Benoit keinfarbton at googlemail.com
Tue May 13 01:16:48 PDT 2008

Bill Baxter schrieb:
> Trying to port to linux now.
> There's a difference between dwt.widgets.Composite.Composite.showWidget
> on windows and linux DWT.
>
> on Windows it's showWidget(bool), on Linux it's showWidget().
>
> How do you hide (un-show) a widget with dwt-linux?
>
> --bb

In java the methods without protection attribute are package visible
only. In D they are public and making them "package" would make them
also non-virtual and this would change behaviour. I did not yet spend
time to establish those access restrictions in DWT.

As a concequence, in DWT you can access methods that are not part of the
public API of SWT. "showWidget" is an example. Please use only methods
that are explicit "public", or use the javadoc
http://help.eclipse.org/help33/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/api/org/eclipse/swt/package-summary.html

Instead of showWidget, i think setVisible(bool) is doing what you want.