Embedding DWT

sleek cslush at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 15:28:26 PDT 2008

Threading issues have been resolved. Basically we needed to create a shell
that parented an HWND we were provided. We tried using display.syncExec
which worked until we attempted the Shell.win32_new ... apparantly you can't
create a window that parents an HWND from a different thread. So instead, in
the syncExec, we create a new normal shell, create an OleFrame that parents
the shell. After the syncExec, we now have a shell object with a bogus hwnd.
So what we do is a simple Windows function call:   SetParent(shell.handle,
hwndParent). voila, problem solved. DWT is making me happy again

news:gcnko8$25d6$1 at digitalmars.com...