The eclipse editor in work

BLS nanali at nospam-wanadoo.fr
Mon Sep 8 11:37:17 PDT 2008

Hallo Frank, I've just annotated your text with // xxx

Frank Benoit schrieb:
> Currently I am working on porting the component JFace.Text.
> This is the editor that eclipse uses internally.
>
> AFAIK the only graphical Editor available for D GUI is Scintilla. This
> one is used in DCode/Entice, Poseidon. JFace.Text will bring in a new
> Editor component, ported from Java to pure D.
> Does someone know if a comparison JFace.Text vs. Scintilla exists?
>
> Key Features of JFace.Text
> - Undo/Redo/find/replace  //Yes
> - Linenumbers	//Yes
> - Text templates  // Yes
> - Folding  //Yes
> - Problem+Quickfix markers with automatic update while typing // Doable
> - Hovers, Links // No...
> - Context menu management  // Yes
> - Proposals // Don't know
> - Rules as basis for parsing the text  // Scintilla Lexer
> - Annotation of the text (put problem description or breakpoint location
> to the text) //Doable
> - Syntax highlightning  // Yes
> - Revisions of the text and difference view // Don't know, but I've never seen someting similar for Scintilla
> - ....
>
> http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Folding-in-Eclipse-Text-Editors/folding.html
> http://www.jdg2e.com/ch26.jface.text/doc/index.html
> http://www.realsolve.co.uk/site/tech/jface-text.php
>
> The current state is that 434 of 443 files are compilable.
>
> So the boring stuff is done, now some manual coding is still needed to
> implement missing stuff from the java runtime environment
> (BufferedReader,StringReader,Pattern,Matchers,...) and some Java
> synchronize stuff.
Guess you will "map" BufferedReader and StringReader to tango.io. ??

Do you plan to implement Pattern and Matchers around tango's regex, or
do you plan to create something new ?
bjoern
beside, having a look at the DWTxxx repo. from time to time it becomes
more and more clear  that you will be soon pretty much prepared for
Declipse...