The eclipse editor in work

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Mon Sep 15 05:24:54 PDT 2008

Frank Benoit wrote:
> Ary Borenszweig Wrote:
>
>> How can one implement plugins in D?
>
> In theory this can be made with a DDL like mechanism.
> IMO in the first run, it can be ignored and you just compile the configuration you want.
> A dummy OSGi/Equinox API could be used, so the code is still compatible.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. A dummy OSGi which only supported static
configurations (ie, no runtime loading/unloading) would probably be the
best way, both because a full functional OSGi framework would not be the
most important functionality of the Eclipse platform to have first, and
because it doesn't seem DDL is mature enough for this task.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Developer, MSc. in CS/E graduate