DWT2 built with DSSS

Kristoffer khjelvi at adsl.no
Mon May 25 10:17:02 PDT 2009

Sam Hu skrev:
> To Kristoffer:
>
> I tried and the dwt2 is compiled successfully,but the same problem that can not compile app with DSSS ,nor can compile an app which include more than one module.
>
> Is is possible to pass me a copy of your compiled sets?I am as cuirous as depressed what' the problem there.
> Thanks a million.
>
> Regards,
> Sam

This is my whole install process:

(Using the Tango bundle mentioned in my earlier post)

My "C:\dmd\bin\sc.ini" has the following:

[Environment]
LIB="%@P%\..\lib"
DFLAGS="-I%@P%\..\import" -version=Tango -defaultlib=tango-base-dmd
-debuglib=tango-base-dmd-d -L+tango-user-dmd
LINKCMD=%@P%\link.exe

----

I cloned the DWT2 repository with TortoiseHG:

Source Path: http://hg.dsource.org/projects/dwt2
Destination Path: c:\dwt2

Then I removed the .lib endings (like mentioned earlier) and did a
"rake base swt"

If you are using JFace you need "base swt equinox core jface" (haven't
tested this)

Note: "rake" is used directly from the Ruby One-Click Installer without
any configuration. You need to run rake from the c:\dwt2 directory since
you get an rakefile not found error otherwise.

---

I am using "dsss-0.78-x86-windows.zip" and have made the following
configurations in dsss:

changed the "profile=dmd-win" to "profile=dmd-win-tango" in
"C:\dsss\etc\rebuild\default"

Searched for the two occurencies of "oneatatime" and set them to "no" in
  "C:\dsss\etc\rebuild\dmd-win-tango".

---

For DWT2 you do not need to download the "dwt-win-importlibs.zip" like
you do for DWT1 since they are part of the repository.

---

My Windows PATH variable includes the following:

C:\dmd\bin;C:\dsss\bin

---

Test your install by compiling the following source:

--- dwtWindow.d ---
module dwtWindow;

import org.eclipse.swt.all;

void main()
{
	Display display = new Display;
	Shell shell = new Shell(display);

	shell.open;

	while (!shell.isDisposed) {
		if (!display.readAndDispatch) {
			display.sleep;

	display.dispose;
}

Place a dsss.conf file in the project dir:

--- dsss.conf ---
[dwt_test.d]
buildflags += -L+dwt-base -Ic:\dwt2\imp -Jc:\dwt2\res -Sc:\dwt2\lib
-full -gui

run "dsss build" from the project dir.