is dwt alive?

aarti_pl aarti at interia.pl
Sun Jul 11 12:54:39 PDT 2010

W dniu 2010-07-11 19:09, torhu pisze:
> On 22.06.2010 14:49, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> On 2010-06-22 01:40, torhu wrote:
> [...]
>>> I'm considering creating at least a a temporary fork of DWT 2 on
>>> bitbucket.org. Then I can just check in some stuff and see how it turns
>>> out. It's possible that I'll have time to do some work on it this
>>> summer, but that might change quickly...
>>
>> You can see if Frank can give you access to the repository, try sending
>> him an e-mail. I know we can use some more people on this project. I
>> don't even know if I have commit access to the DWT2 repository, what I
>> do know is that I have at least access to the dwt-mac repository.
>>

> I've set up my own project on Bitbucket. I've made enough changes to
> build my DWT app on Windows, and it's works like a charm. A lot of the
> Phobos code was already there, and I've added what was needed for my
> use. Since DWT enforces that all GUI code is run in the same thread
> (usually the main thread), I didn't need to add shared and __gshared
> that many places.
>
> I had to add a lot of casts because D2 compilers are stricter about
> narrowing conversions. In some places Java's char type was kept as char,
> and not changed into wchar. I've changed the ones I came across to
> wchar, to avoid truncating code points that are outside of ASCII. Some
> conversions between char[] and wchar had to be added.
>
> The String alias is D2 string, which works just fine.
>
> http://bitbucket.org/torhus/dwt2

Sorry for getting into middle of the thread.

I just would like to say that it is a great news! After discovering that
for Java:
----
double sum = 0.0;
for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++) sum += 0.1;
----

sum is equal: 0.9999999999999999

I am looking at D with greater and greater sentiment :-) SWT and good
precision of calculations is necessary for my program...

It's also possible that I will be able to help with some smaller things...

BR
Marcin Kuszczak
(aarti_pl)