DWT2 now looks working on Windows (except Text widget doesn't support UTF-8)

torhu no at spam.invalid
Thu Aug 11 05:31:42 PDT 2011

On 10.08.2011 21:32, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2011-08-03 22:02, Denis Shelomovskij wrote:
>>  About month ago I fixed some DWT2 bugs, but DWT maintainers just have no
>>  time to pull changes to the main repo. Changes are in my (denis_sh)
>>  commits descriptions:
>>  https://bitbucket.org/denis_sh/patching-dwt2
>>
>>  Short changes description:
>>  1. DWT2 now works on Linux32 with Phobos/D2 as bad as with Tango/D1 (not
>>  worse): lots of segfaults when printing and text editing and other bugs.
>>  2. It looks working stable on Windows except Text widget sill doesn't
>>  support UTF-8 (yes, StyledText and it's friend now support it).
>>  3. It now have compilable and right snippets.
>
> I've pulled your changes now. Thanks so much for your help. I can see
> now that a almost all snippets work. Only two crash on launch. I've not
> verified that all the others are working 100% correctly but it's looking
> really good. You've done a great job. And again, I'm so sorry it took me
> so long before I pulled the changes.

Nice to see work being done on DWT!  I did notice a slight problem with
changeset 121, though.  The array in isDigit needs to be declared
static, or it will be copied onto the heap on each call of the function.
And the rest of the function could be just this line, simpler and more
efficent:

return c >= '0' && c <= '9' || assumeSorted(unicodeNd).contains(c);

Took me a while to find assumeSorted, but it is in std.range.