Compiling the hello world example fails

chmike christophe at meessen.net
Fri Aug 23 09:45:56 PDT 2013

Adding -Wl,--verbose to see the linker verbose output I see that
there is an error in the compilation command line. We should
specify -L-l:org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86.a -L-l:dwt-base.a
instead of -L-lorg.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86 -L-ldwt-base

Otherwise it looks for a file named
liborg.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86.a or
liborg.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86.so.

With this change I see the the linker succeeds to open
org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86 but then does nothing with it.

As you suggest Olivier, it could be explained if this file
contains i386 code instead amd64 code.

I used the provided rdmd command to build dwt. Is there a special
thing to do to build a amd64 version of the library ?