Compiling the hello world example fails

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 18:19:33 PDT 2013

On Friday, 23 August 2013 at 15:11:32 UTC, chmike wrote:
> I installed dmd and dwt on my linux 13.04 PC. I also installed
> all the dependencies. I successfully compiled dwt. But
> compiling the main.d fails with an ld error.

It is a incompatibility with 32/64 bit, you likely will have
dependency conflicts if you attempt to install the 32bit versions
of your libraries.

Jacob, what are your thoughts about 64 bit support. Should the
Java API be changed to use size_t or should there be a conversion
(probably near the call into the library)?