PropertySheet

Jay Norwood jayn at prismnet.com
Fri Dec 6 17:57:27 PST 2013

On Friday, 6 December 2013 at 07:23:45 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> I'm not sure which library/package that is part of. There's a
> bunch of other Eclipse related repertoires in the
> d-widget-toolkit github organization[1]. Is it part of any of
> those?
>
> Anyway, I don't have enough time to focus anything that's not
> strictly DWT. I'm still trying to finish the Mac OS X port. If
> you want to help, what would be great. Contributions are always
> welcome.
>
> [1] https://github.com/d-widget-toolkit

I don't know the history of the properties view, but the eclipse
modeling framework enables generation of swt gui model editors
that interact both with the properties view and the outline view.

There is a project called EEF which creates several enhanced
property page widgets that enhance navigation and setting of
model properties in the emf model editors... things like check
boxes for boolean properties or radio buttons for selection of
enum properties.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/EEF/User_Guide

The current generation of eclipse integrates emf models with the
design and persistence of the gui, so it might be worth looking
at what they are trying to do and why.  It appears to me they are
trying to concentrate on manipulating the model rather than the
gui api directly.   Does that interest you as a direction for the
use of DWT?