Building DWT on Win8/x64 with D2

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Feb 15 04:04:24 PST 2013

On 2013-02-15 12:39, Sebastian Graf wrote:

> That was actually not related to the D-ifying part rather than general
> points to help you with that project.
> I have to say that I'm not at all familiar with the API right now, so
> the only specific point for improvement on my side is usage of D
> properties.

In general this is what's need to be done:

* Port snippets and make sure existing ones work
* Port later versions of SWT
* Port to 64bit
* Port the SWT test suite
* In general finding and fixing bugs

> How did you generate the port? Was there a Java-D converter involved and
> are there any ways to incoporate changes into the process?

It's a manual port. We tried to use a tool at one point but it didn't
work very well. To much of the Java API needed to be ported.

--
/Jacob Carlborg