How to build program with DWT2 and DMD2?

JohnnyK johnnykinsey at comcast.net
Wed Jul 31 06:47:21 PDT 2013

Hi all,
   Sorry for what may seem like a simple and obvious question to
most DWT users.  First I would like to say that I have absolutely
no experience with SWT in any form.  Second I know nothing of
Eclipse other than that is what happens when the moon is directly
between the earth and the sun.  I would like to know in a few
simple steps or examples how to build a hello world or some other
trivial GUI application with DWT.  Following the instructions I
was able to build the Snippets but that does not really tell you
how to start a DWT project from scratch.  I would really like to
get some steps on how to start a DWT project from a project
folder somewhere and compile it.  So far the snippets show off
the abilities of the library but they are not a tutorial and
don't help us noobs.  The snippets would be good if they had HOW
to comments or other documentation that explains how to get this
done.  Also it would be nice if someone could share a typical
directory layout of their DWT programming environment and what
tools(aka IDE) they use.  I am finding this whole DWT thing to be
a really daunting task without some kind of tutoring.  I have
found DWT to be really hard to get started with.  I do like the
fact that one can make a single executable that can be copied and
executed without the need to install a huge API or additional
baggage files before the executable will run.