Compiling the hello world example fails (2)

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Sep 9 23:36:05 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-09 20:15, Anton Alexeev wrote:
> Ubuntu 13.04, x86
>
> I've followed this instruction: https://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/dwt
>
> Everything was ok, no errors.
>
> Then I've tried to compile hello world:
>
> $ dmd test.d -I/home/virtualbox/dwt/imp
> -J/home/virtualbox/dwt/org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86/res
> -L-L/home/virtualbox/dwt/lib -L-lorg.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86 -L-ldwt-base
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lorg.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldwt-base
> collect2: ошибка: выполнение ld завершилось с кодом возврата 1
> --- errorlevel 1
>
> With -L--verbose flag:
> http://pastebin.com/9tavXU96
>
> There you can see that the linker tries to find
> liborg.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86.a and not just
> org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86, so I've added "lib" to the file names

Ok, to avoid that you can I think you add a colon before the library
name when linking:

-L-l:<lib>

Where <lib> is the library linking. The build script should be changed
to append prepend "lib" to the library names.

> and got this:
> http://pastebin.com/dVzzXqS6
>
> Any help?

Crap, it seems you need to manually link with the system libraries.
They're located in this array:

https://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/dwt/blob/master/build.d#L101

Hope that solves it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

--
/Jacob Carlborg