Can't Link DWT in Linux 64-bit

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-dwt digitalmars-d-dwt at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 14 12:18:45 PDT 2014

On 2014-07-14 18:57, Mike wrote:

> I'm using Arch Linux 64, and the multilibs are missing libgnomeui-2.
>
> What are your future plans for DWT?  Are you still interested in
> investing into it or are you yielding to gtkd/qtd/etc..?

I'm currently not working on DWT. When I will do that again it will be
on the OS X port. I'm still trying to keep it up to date with the latest
version of DMD, reviewing pull requests and helping out here.

> I really like the library and was able to pick it up very quickly.  If
> you're interested in putting more into it, what can I do to help?  Can
> you gude me through the changes necessarry to port it to 64-bit?

Absolutely. First, there are someone else that is already working on a
64bit port, if I understand it correctly [1]. Perhaps you could collaborate.

As for the guidance. I think it's easiest to just try and compile it for
64bit and see what errors you get. Then I can help with more specific
problems that you encounter.

Start by removing the "-m32" flags in build.d [2], which forces it to
compile for 32bit. Then I would guess most errors will be for types
declared as "int" when they should be declared as "size_t" or "ptrdiff_t".

I have no idea how the GTK and Gnome interfaces work, if they are
different on 64bit. I didn't write the original code for DWT.

[1] http://forum.dlang.org/thread/cpmhhmslzyvtpkzsgkaj@forum.dlang.org

[2] https://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/dwt/blob/master/build.d

--
/Jacob Carlborg