DWT fails to build with DMD 2.074.0

JamesD via Digitalmars-d-dwt digitalmars-d-dwt at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 29 07:33:14 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 29 April 2017 at 13:54:04 UTC, Petar Kirov
[ZombineDev] wrote:
> Are the *.di generated automatically, or are they written by
> hand? The compiler is known [0] to have problems with header
> (*.di) generation, and IIRC there were some fixes recently [1]
> that may have caused this problem. On the other hand there are
> no known issues with importing *.di, since it works the same as
> as improting plain *.d files (*.di is only a convention - you
> can functions without bodies or vice versa in both).
>
> Looking at https://pastebin.com/UgWNqZzh it seems that the
> problem shouldn't be hard to solve, since it's only a syntax
> error. I suggest examining and manually editing
> ../dwt/imp/org/eclipse/swt/accessibility/Accessible.di to
> narrow down the problem.
>
> I have no knowledge of DWT, so sorry if this is not very
> helpful.
>
> [0]:
> https://issues.dlang.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=VERIFIED&component=dmd&list_id=214662&product=D&query_format=advanced&resolution=---&short_desc=header%20generation&short_desc_type=anywordssubstr
> [1]: http://dlang.org/changelog/2.074.0.html issue 15676

Thank you for your feedback and for the links to the bug reports!

The *.di files are generated by DMD when building the *.di files,
not by hand.

I makes sense that it is an issue with DMD creating the *.di
files, versus  importing.

Understood about editing the *.di files manually, but they are
intended to be rebuilt depending on platform and arch.

However, manually editing the *.d file is an option.  I'm not
sure if I have the technical knowledge to do this, but I'll
consider after reviewing any other feedback.