DWT is official ?

JamesD via Digitalmars-d-dwt digitalmars-d-dwt at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 13 06:48:40 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 12 July 2017 at 12:36:34 UTC, Flaze07 wrote:
> On Wednesday, 12 July 2017 at 11:18:21 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
> wrote:
>> On 2017-07-12 12:10, Flaze07 wrote:
>>> hi...so is this group forum about the SWT D bindings ? (I am
>>> just surprised that it is...in the ecosystem if it is what I
>>> think it is)
>>
>> Technically DWT [1] is a port of SWT to D, not bindings. No
>> Java code is involved.
>>
>> [1] http://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/dwt
>
> I see...
> so...is it official ??

The beauty of the D language is that there really isn't any
"official" packages, other than the language and runtime library.

The key advantages of DWT are;

1. Extensive API and examples from SWT that can be searched with
your Browser
2. Statically linked (don't need an external DLL)
3. Easy to learn and use

Here are the various GUIs for the D language:
https://wiki.dlang.org/GUI_Libraries

The choice of a GUI really depends on what your requirements are
and how you intend to use it.