A D frontend for GUI libraries.

Andrew andrewlalisofficial at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 16:29:51 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 26 April 2022 at 13:06:12 UTC, Loara wrote:
> I'm thinking about a common frontend for GUI D libraries making
> it easy to bind it to existent GUI libraries (GtK, SWT, SDL and
> maybe Qt also). So any user that wants to write a GUI
> application needs only to refer to this frontend and only at
> the end binding it to some GUI library.
>
> Since I haven't any experience on GUI design I don't know how
> to proceed, so I'm waiting some experienced people before
> starting such project.

I only really have experience with Java's Swing and JavaFX
libraries, and minimal experience with GtkD, but I'd say that
making a common front-end for many different GUI libraries is
going to be extremely difficult, due to how they may have
completely different structures (some using XML, some using
purely code), and how the behavior of components can vary
slightly between versions.