A D frontend for GUI libraries.

Hipreme msnmancini at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 13 12:48:32 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 13 July 2022 at 12:07:46 UTC, Adam D Ruppe wrote:
> On Sunday, 10 July 2022 at 08:05:07 UTC, Andrew wrote:
>> Well, I suppose you could possible do it by making a native
>> API available for the Java Native Interface, but this is
>> entirely unfeasible and not worth the effort
>
> It is quite easy for a lot of things - my jni.d can generate D
> bindings automatically from a java .class or .jar file, then
> you call it as if it is a D class.
>
> http://arsd-official.dpldocs.info/arsd.jni.html
>
> Wrote it for the android apis
> https://code.dlang.org/packages/d_android
>
> but I don't think anyone ever actually used it lol
>

> still it'd probably work for other java gui things too.
>

> though i kinda agree it probably isn't going to work that well.

I have used yours a bit but then I reduced to only the part which
I needed, so most of the things I'm doing directly from Java
instead of D for keeping less code in D

Btw arsd.jni is pretty nice, I have done one based on arsd.jni
but only for calling java native functions instead of full java
support