BDE 1.0 Beta 1 for Windows

Alex Makhotin alex at bitprox.com
Fri May 21 13:13:11 PDT 2010

Hi, Matthias.

Matthias Pleh wrote:

> It works great for me. I had not problem to set up a project and
> compile. I just noticed two points:
> - create own folder for new projects

I'm sorry, didn't understand.
Did you mean it should not create a sub folder for a project or I should
make this an option?
Because it really creates a subdirectory for new every new project.

> - use relative paths everywhere (eg. output-directory)
>   this way the project doesn't break, when you relocate the project

It supposed to work...
Thank you for reporting, output directory relative path is not working
properly for me also, will fix this in the next beta revision.

> - would be cool, if we also could include the ddbg-debugger
> (http://ddbg.mainia.de/releases.html) ?

OK, I will check it, looks like it's on Windows only.
May be the solution if it works with D2, because I was considering
cv2pdb, which unfortunately depends on Microsoft's code and I don't know
if I have the right to redistribute it.
Is ddbg-debugger still maintained or abandoned?

>  > wxWidgets with wxD wrapper library.
> does this mean, the IDE is written in D?  --> cool :)

Yes, written with the D programming language.

Thank you very much, I appreciate that.
I'm working on bringing the next revision release.

--
Alex Makhotin,
the founder of BITPROX,